Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Then and Now: Walter Egan



Walter Egan pioneered Yoda-speak ("With you, I'm not Shy") and this song (however awful) totally sticks in your mind, doesn't it?

When I was a kid, I could swear he was singing "You are a madman and I am a steal". But the Magnet thing -- "You are a magnet and I am steel"-- is much better. Can't count the number of times I've told my honey this very thing.

Walter is still touring some, and also works as a substitute teacher in Tennessee.

Here he is:

2 comments:

maryw said...

This blog is diabolical! Magnet and Steel has been churning thru my brain since I read this; I didn't dare watch the clip. Now I'm recalling a magnet/fridge moment in Tastee. Stop! Please!

Perri said...

I had the same "churning through my head" experience! In fact, this song churned right out into the air as I SANG it while cleaning the house.... until my kids, not so politely, told be to quit it. :)