Yesterday I got my second ever blog award. Woohooo! Thanks so much to Laurel over at Laurel's Leaves. I believe this is the first ever time I have been referred to as "stylish" in any context.
So. I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself and pass on the award. Here goes:
1) As a teenager, I was obsessed with Richard Adams' Watership Down. I wrote a suspiciously similar novel (about Rats not Rabbits) and got about 150 pages in before I quit.
2) I have a weakness for bad Chinese Food, most notably vegetable egg foo young which is more or less deep fried scrambled eggs with gravy. (I know its sort of gross, I just can't help it....)
3) I have three kids (ages 7, 9 and 11) who right this minute are squabbling over Legos in the next room
4) I live on Maggie' Farm along a ridiculously muddy (snowy, bumpy, dusty, icy) dirt road waaaaay out in the wilds of Western New England with 3 dogs, 7 sheep and a gazillion chickens.
5) Like Laurel, I have the teenaged habit of listening to the same album or group over and over. Right now, I'm on a baffling Modest Mouse Kick that just won't quit even though at 44 I should be into more sedate music.
6) At 19, I was fired from my summer job as a breakfast cook for The Hatchet Motel in Wyoming. (Not the best job for a vegetarian college student who liked to sleep late and couldn't cook.)
7.) When I was 7, I impressed my parents' friends with my ability to quote Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues" from start to finish.
Bonus #8) I truly appreciate all your comments and follows. You make my days-- many of them! Thanks.
I am passing this award on to:
1. My writing group buddy Ariel at "Writing Blog"
3. N. Blank at "The Blank Pages"
4. Erinn at "Something Else to Distract Me"
5. Catherine at "The Writing Room"
6. Amanda at "A Fortnight of Mustard"
7. Jen at "Scribo Ergo Sum"