Friday, March 18, 2011

Your Weekly One Hit Wonder PLUS!

Okay, Bonnie Tyler is actually a Two (maybe even three) Hit Wonder, but I'm just going to go with it.

Imagine this: it's 1982 and you just got your driver's license. What could ever be better than driving around in your big beige Oldsmobile with a grease-spattered bag of French fries on the seat beside you listening to top 40 radio?

Nothing, right?


Especially when this song comes on:


(Hold up, people. there's really no need to torture yourself with this video. It's kinda bad and not in a cheesy good way either.)

Now, where was I? Right--Driving around in that big ol' Oldsmobile of yore. You love this song because it is so easy to sing, especially when you are in one of those angsty teenage moods. You love singing the "Every now and then I fall apart" part with feeling and also "I get a little bit restless and then I see the look in your eyes" and it all means so damn much.

Ah.... those were the days, weren't they?

But WAIT! Now that I've shucked my teenage angst, I find THIS literal version of the 1982 video hilarious! It's definitely the one to watch:


(Please pardon the cat frame, evidently Sony isn't too jazzed with the parody. If you'd rather watch this sans cat, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA)

4 comments:

Samantha Sotto said...

LOL! Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I viewed this :D

Alicia Gregoire said...

I love this song, but not as much as her other hit.

Leslie S. Rose said...

Thanks for the giggle, Perri. It's amazing how some music really sticks with us.

Shawn said...

I had my first new car then, a red Ford Mustang with lousy interior appointments, and you're right, I remember all the words to that one. I was 22. Memories...;)